The YMCA of Delaware is temporarily closed in accordance with the guidelines from elected officials, public health authorities, and local school districts as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) circumstances unfold locally, nationally and internationally. We will continue to monitor the situation and plan to reopen on May 15, 2020.
Please be advised that this is an evolving situation and plans may change. For the latest information, please check back frequently. Please check back frequently for the most current information.
We have worked diligently to provide the following options to our members during this crisis:
- STAY WITH US AND SAVE – Save 20% on your membership for the next year – Click here for details and answers to common questions about this membership rate.
- PRESS THE PAUSE BUTTON – If you are not able to stay with us as an active member at this time, you can put your membership on hold at no cost. Once your membership is on hold, we will extend your hold without charge until we reopen. As soon as our Ys reopen, your membership will automatically resume at the standard rate.
- STAY VIRTUALLY CONNECTED – Our Virtual Y website is now available! Join us for tons on on-demand classes and activities for the whole family! Click here to get started!
- WE ARE GOING LIVE – Join us daily on the YMCA of Delaware group on Facebook for live-in-home workouts with your favorite Y instructors! Click here for the class schedule and information to access the classes.
Please contact your local branch via the email addresses listed below with questions.
- Brandywine YMCA – email@example.com
- Central YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western YMCA – email@example.com
- Dover YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sussex Family YMCA – email@example.com
- Bear-Glasgow Family YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middletown Family YMCA – email@example.com
MAKE A GIFT
Make a charitable contribution to our Emergency Relief Fund. The Coronavirus has created enormous uncertainty in every sector, but most of all for those with fewer resources. You can play a vital role in helping us meet needs and help Delaware to heal while we redeploy our wellness facilities to be community response centers. Click here to make a donation.
We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We want you to know that the Y is here for you and our community as we have been for the last 175 years.
Keeping your membership active will allow the Y to remain focused on our efforts to help keep the community strong during this pandemic. We are working diligently on plans and partnerships to provide needed programs and services including childcare for emergency workers and essential personnel, hunger relief for Delawareans and online health and fitness offerings (Virtual Y).
HIRING & JOB APPLICATIONS
- Although we are still accepting applications for current job openings, all interviews will be postponed until further notice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the 20% off Membership Discount & How can I take advantage of that rate?
Please click here for Details and Frequently Asked Questions about Membership.
Will I be refunded for since the Y closed?
Currently, we are not refunding memberships for the month of March. The membership drafts will be pulled as scheduled unless a member asks the YMCA to put their membership on hold or terminate. The YMCA is working to provide additional resources online through the Virtual Y and continues to develop programming to help serve our community.
Can I get a prorate for March since I’m not using the membership?
March has been billed out and will not be pro-rated. We hope that you can enjoy our Virtual Y while our doors are closed. If you would like to put your membership on hold please click here.
Will I be charged for April?
Yes. If you are not able to stay with us as an active member at this time, you can put your membership on hold at no cost. Once your membership is on hold, we will extend your hold without charge until we reopen. As soon as our Ys reopen, your membership will automatically resume at the standard rate.
What is happening with childcare and other youth programs? Do we get refunded?
Currently, babysitting and youth fitness centers are closed. Additional paid youth programming such as youth sports, swim lessons, etc. is being postponed. We will credit the member’s account and they will be able to apply it to future childcare and programs. We are currently not issuing cash refunds.
Can I get a refund on my programming if I cancel?
We will credit your account and you will be able to apply it to a future program. We are currently not issuing cash refunds.
Are extra measures being taken in childcare to ensure kids are protected?
The health and well-being of you and your family is our highest priority. We’re stepping up our hygiene practices in several ways to keep our facilities clean and our communities safe including increasing our cleaning frequency, making disinfectants more readily available, and increasing signage to build awareness about general health and flu prevention guidelines.
Additionally, all children in our programs learn and practice proper handwashing skills and we are carefully monitoring that children are properly washing hands throughout the day. We also continue to enforce our wellness policies. All parents are asked to keep children home when they are sick.
If a Y member, staff, or participant is infected, what’s your plan to ensure the virus doesn’t spread?
If that happens, we will work closely with state public health officials and follow all protocols to help protect the health and safety of our community.
For further information, please use the following links: