How far can you go? Exercise a total of 208 miles from now until the end of August to win the Go The Distance 2018 Summer Challenge.
Y 208 miles? There are 208 miles in between all of the Y branches in Delaware. The Go The Distance Summer Challenge begins June 18 thru August 26, 2018, and the winner will be announced on August 27, 2018. Find out more details from your YMCA of Delaware branch.
How to participate?
- Contact your Y for more details about the Go The Distance: 2018 Summer Challenge.
- Participate in any exercise activity (running, walking, swimming, biking, or taking a group fitness class (including aquatics) at any of the YMCA of Delaware locations.
- Keep track of your exercise activity by adding your name to the tracker poster near the Y’s fitness center or with your fitness tracker (FitBit – 10,000 steps = 6 miles).
- Earn a total of 208 miles to win the Go The Distance: 2018 Summer Challenge.
How to keep track of the miles?
- For every 10 miles earned, place an X in your row on the tracker poster
- Note: you are responsible for updating your mileage on the tracker poster or fitness tracker
How to earn miles?
- Post one “selfie” photo of yourself exercising = 2 Miles*
- 30 minutes of exercise activity (that makes you sweat!) = 3 Miles
- Post one video of you working out = 5 Miles*
- 60 minutes of exercise activity (that makes you sweat!) = 6 Miles
- Bring a guest to any YMCA of Delaware branch to take a tour and get a FREE pass = 10 Miles
- Y Connect a friend with a membership to your branch! = 20 Miles
*Post pictures/videos to the YMCA of Delaware Members Facebook Group with the hashtag #ymcadeGoTheDistance2018
Who can join the challenge?
All ages and fitness levels are welcome.
Why join the challenge?
- Eligible to win prizes (each branch has different prizes)
- Stay on track with your 2018 health and fitness goals.
- Join the community of YMCA of Delaware Members Facebook Group