We are excited to once again offer our FREE summer YMCA memberships to teens (ages 12-17) through our Take On Summer Program! With their membership, teens in Delaware will have access to Y of Delaware fitness centers, group exercise classes, basketball courts and swimming pools. In addition, teens will have an opportunity to sign up for programs like Small Group Fitness Training, Basketball Leagues, Workforce Development, Leaders in Training, Youth in Government, Black Achievers, Teen Nights and more. Check out the information below and get started today!
SEARCH SUMMER 2022 PROGRAMS FOR TEENS
What’s Included in the Free Membership?
A YMCA of Delaware membership from June 6 – September 5, 2022, which includes:
- Access to all 7 YMCA of Delaware locations
- Gyms, where you can shoot hoops, play volleyball and more
- 17 Indoor and outdoor pools across the state
- Fitness centers featuring weights, cardio machines and other workout equipment
- Group exercise classes that help you build strength, speed and flexibility
*Membership is valid June 6 – September 5, 2022 for Delaware residents ages 12 – 17. Participant and guardian must sign a participation agreement prior to membership activation. Not transferable for current members.
How do I sign up?
Registration is easy! Simply stop in to any YMCA of Delaware location with a parent/guardian and complete a participation agreement.
Before using the Y, we strongly encourage you carefully review the participation agreement with a parent/guardian, take a tour of the facility, and sign up for a Fitness Center Orientation. During your complimentary Fitness Center Orientation, you will meet with a trainer or instructor who will show you the basics of how to use the gym equipment. Contact your local Y to schedule an appointment today.
What can teens do at the Y?
Stay active and Be Fit
- Go for a swim in the pool.
- Participate in a group exercise class.
- Sign up for personal or small group training.
- Work out in the fitness center.
Learn and Play
- Shoot some hoops with friends.
- Register for summer programs (check with your branch for details).
- Join teen leadership programs.
- Sign up for safety courses like lifeguard training.
Connect and Have Fun
- Hang out and socialize with friends.
- Work out with a buddy.
- Make new friends.