September 12 – 20, 2020
Help us celebrate the power of inclusion and coming together for good with Welcoming Week 2020!
- Stop into your local Y for fun activities and to complete an ‘I’m a welcomer’ sign to be displayed in our lobby. See below for a list of activities by location.
- Get registered to vote with the YMCA and Rock the Vote! Visit any Delaware YMCA during welcoming and we will help you get registered! Learn more!
Bear-Glasgow Family Y
- September 14 – 18: Free small group training demos – Download the schedule
- September 16, 10 am – 12 pm & 5 – 7 pm: Drive-Thru Flu Shots
- September 16, 5 – 6:30 pm: Archery Demo
- September 17: Meet the Bear-Glasgow Y staff and board members in the lobby
- September 18, 10 am – 12 pm: Drive-Thru Flu Shots
- September 18, 6-8 pm: Pool and ice-cream party
- September 15 – Family Fun Night, 6 – 7 pm: Join us for arts & crafts and pizza in our Movement Studio. Enjoy time with family and friends staying physically distant.
Western Family Y
- September 19, 7 am – 2 pm: United by Fitness – Join us for a fun-filled fitness class event outside! Let’s UNITE through health and wellness to build a stronger community. We have tons of group exercise options to choose from including classes for kids! Registration is required for each class you wish to participate in. This event is open to the public! We will practice social distancing and please bring your mask. Click here to register
- September 14, 5 – 7 pm: Rock the Vote DJ party in the lobby
Middletown Family Y
- September 16, 6:30 – 8 pm: Outdoor Ice Cream Social – Join us for free ice cream, outdoor games, and fun activities for all!
- Friday, September 18, 5:30-7:30 pm – Outdoor Games at the Y, Rita’s Water Ice Provided
- Group Exercise Demos
- September 17, 10:30 am: Aqua Paddle Board
- September 17, 5:30 pm: TRX
- September 18, 11 am: Y-Fit
- September 14 and 18, 10:30 am: Aqua Zumba
Sussex Family YMCA
- September 19, 12 – 2 pm: Family Fun Day – Join us for tons of outdoor fun, games, snacks, and more!