Fueling economic development, improving community health, empowering youth, and bringing people together in the MOT Community
The construction of the new Middletown YMCA is now complete, we will open on September 18th, 2023! This project, which would not be possible without the significant support from the town of Middletown and the State of Delaware, will have the power to fuel economic development, improve community health outcomes, empower youth, and bring people from all walks of life together.
Help us open the doors to new possibilities for generations of families in the MOT region. Join us as we build a new future full of opportunity for everyone in our community.Donate Today!
July 17, 2023
- The indoor pool is complete and has been filled with water.
- The gymnasium floor is installed.
- The final layer of asphalt in the parking lot was installed and lot striping will occur soon.
- All interior flooring is expected to be complete within the next 2 weeks.
- Both exterior playgrounds and the indoor climbing structure are installed.
- The elevator install is the last major milestone to be completed and that installation should start any day.
- Fitness equipment and furniture installations are scheduled to start on 8/23.
May 9, 2023
Total construction is 85% complete! We are on target for a Grand Opening in the early fall. We now have electricity in the building and all mechanical systems are being turned on and tested. Interior finishes are near completion. All interior lighting is in place. The indoor pool is 75% complete. The pool decking will be installed at the end of May.
October 3, 2022
A lot has changed since we first broke ground in the spring. The steel has gone up and our new Y is taking shape! Crews are working hard to get the building closed in prior to winter weather setting in. All roof decking should be installed by the end of October. Exterior and interior wall framing is underway and will be in progress for the next 6 weeks. Mechanical systems rough-ins are underway.
With Middletown being one of the fastest-growing communities in Delaware, the Y anticipates serving 15,000 individuals annually through membership, community-based programs, before and after school enrichment, youth sports and summer camp. The YMCA’s academic enrichment and college readiness programs will prepare teens to become competent and successful adults, and pre-teen and teen mentorship programs will support substance abuse prevention. In addition, the Y will bring 300 new, local jobs to the Middletown area, providing a workforce development pathway for many first-time job seekers.
Upon completion, the YMCA of Delaware’s brand new 56,000 sq. ft. facility will feature:
- Full-sized gymnasium
- Indoor pool
- Universal fitness options for individuals with diverse abilities
- Multiple fitness studios
- STEM room for youth
- Children’s adventure zone
- Community education room
- Universal locker room
- Spacious lobby
- And more!
Additionally, the new Middletown Y will feature an outdoor wellness space which will include:
- Two full-court basketball courts (open to the public)
- Six flexible cross courts used for pickleball (open to the public)
- Splash park adjacent to the silver lake pool
- Outdoor playground
- Functional mobile wellness space for outdoor fitness classes
- Cross beneficial parking serving the New Castle County Library Middletown Branch, Silver Lake Elementary School, Silver Lake Pool, recreation and sports fields, and the YMCA
In recognition of transformational gifts, donors will have opportunities to name a room or an area of the newest YMCA on their behalf or in honor/memory of another. Donors are offered the selection of naming opportunities based on the amount and date of their gift commitment.
To learn more about naming opportunities contact us at [email protected].
Available opportunities include:
- YMCA Building: $2,000,000+
- Outdoor Silver Lake Pool: $1,000,000
- Gymnasium/Basketball Court: $500,000
- Playground: $250,000
- External Digital Marquee: $100,000
- Family Lawn: $100,000
- Women’s Locker Room: $50,000
- Men’s Locker Room: $50,000
- Universal Locker Room: $50,000
- Child Watch: $50,000
- Functional Training Zone: $50,000
- Exercise Studio (1): $50,000
- Spin Studio: $50,000
- Saunas (2): $25,000
- Aquatic Viewing Lounge: $50,000
- Indoor Play Structure: $25,000
- Member Experience Office: $25,000
- Score Board (2): $25,000
- Second Floor Lounge: $15,000
- Second Floor Welcome Desk: $15,000
- Child Care Welcome Desk: $15,000
- Individual Picnic Tables: $5,000
- Outdoor Benches: $5,000
- Camp Gaga Pit: $5,000
- Pool Shade Structures: $5,000
- Water Fountains: $3,000
- Family Lawn Games: $3,000
- Name-A-Tree: $3,000