Register today for the best summer ever!
The YMCA of Delaware offers indoor, outdoor, and overnight camp options for children of all ages (Pre-k – 10th grade). YMCA campers make life-long memories, learn how to create new friendships, and explore the natural world around them when they participate in our outdoor camps. Our camp activities like art, STEM, music, literacy, nature, swimming, and sports are designed to build confidence, develop skills, and discover new talents. Weekly themes, on-site and off-site field trips, and special events make it a different adventure every week.
Summer Day Camps are available at all YMCA of Delaware locations and are grouped by grade completed for the 2022-2023 school year. From preschoolers to teens – find the camp right for the Camper in your life!
Day Camp Locations
Summer Camp 2023 Information: Coming Soon!
Highlights of what you can expect when coming to camp:
Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our campers, staff and community.
We are excited to provide a fun-filled, exciting summer for all our campers! We’re following guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure that our camp meets the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical distancing practices.
- Summer Camp Activities- Weekly camp activities include arts and crafts, nature and STEM, drama, field games, sports and movement, water play, and theme-related activities. Language arts and math opportunities will be incorporated into activities to support students academically during the summer months.
- Pool Time!– Children will have the opportunity to swim with their assigned group at various times during the week. A limited number of groups of children will be allowed in the pool at one time. Groups will be spaced out to ensure safe physical distancing is maintained.
- Extensive Staff Training– Staff members will have extensive training in safe physical distancing, stable groups, virus spread reduction and the latest cleaning and disinfection protocols provided by the CDC. In addition, all Y staff members receive training annually in child abuse prevention, first aid, CPR and workplace safety.
- Camper Orientation– All campers will participate in an orientation that covers personal space, handwashing and other best practices to protect their own health and safety.
- Enhanced Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures– Parents and guardians will remain in their cars during drop-off and pick-up. A camp staff member will accompany each child to their pre-determined group.
- Health Protocols– Anyone with a temperature over 100.5, has been in direct contact with a COVID positive person in the last 48 hours, and/or exhibiting other symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend. Visitors will not be allowed on-site without special approval.
- Spread love not germs– To ensure a squeaky-clean camp and healthy campers, we will implement frequent hand washing and increase cleaning and sanitation of all high-touch areas. Additional sinks and hand sanitizing stations have been added to all camps.
- Cleaning and Sanitation– Mr. Clean and our team will be constantly sanitizing with EPA-approved cleaners. Staff will follow government guidelines, increasing the cleaning frequency of high-touch areas. Equipment, supplies and materials used in group activities will be cleaned before and after each use.
Note: When enrolling your child in camp, please select the camp group that aligns with the grade your child will have COMPLETED by June.
To enroll for camp online, you will first need to create an account in our new system. If you are a current member or past camp participant, you must use the preferred email address and birthday that we have for you on file.
- Step 1: Click here to create a log-in and password.
- Step 2: Complete the form using your email address and birthday on file.
- Step 3: Check your email for a confirmation of your login creation and a link to get started.
*DEPOSIT: A non-refundable deposit is required per child, per week to reserve your spot. This non-refundable deposit cannot be applied to additional weeks. If you need to change, cancel, or modify a week, including a change to membership status (holds, cancellations and terminations), the Deposit paid will not be available for transfer or refund. This policy will not be applied for families authorized and utilizing Purchase of Care funding.
CANCELLATION AND CHANGE REQUIREMENTS: ALL Change requests must be made two weeks prior to the week you wish to change using this Cancel, Add or Change Form. If proper notice is not provided, the full week of camp fees will be due and will not be refunded. This policy will not be applied for families authorized and utilizing Purchase of Care funding.