The YMCA of Delaware offers indoor, outdoor, and overnight camp options for children of all ages (Pre-k – 10th grade). YMCA campers make life-long memories, learn how to create new friendships, and explore the natural world around them when they participate in our outdoor camps. Our camp activities like art, STEM, music, literacy, nature, swimming, and sports are designed to build confidence, develop skills, and discover new talents. Weekly themes, on-site and off-site field trips, and special events make it a different adventure every week.
Summer Day Camps are available at all YMCA of Delaware locations and are grouped by grade completed for the 2022-2023 school year. From preschoolers to teens – find the camp right for the Camper in your life!
Day Camp Locations
We are excited to provide a fun-filled summer for all our campers! Below are just some of the activities your child will experience while attending a YMCA of Delaware Day Camp:
- Summer Camp Activities- Weekly camp activities include arts and crafts, nature and STEM, drama, field games, sports and movement, water play, and theme-related activities. Language arts and math opportunities will be incorporated into activities to support students academically during the summer months. Please see your specific Branch camp page for more information regarding weekly themes and events.
- Pool Time!– Children will have the opportunity to swim with their assigned group at various times during the week. Water safety and an opportunity to increase swim skills are incorporated into the fun.
- Extensive Staff Training–All Y staff members receive training annually in child abuse prevention, first aid, CPR and workplace safety. Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our campers, staff and community.
- Camper Orientation– All campers will participate in an orientation that covers personal space, appropriate behaviors and expectations while at camp, and other best practices to protect their own health and safety as well as the safety of others.
- Enhanced Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures– Parents and guardians will remain in their cars during drop-off and pick-up. After check in, a camp staff member will accompany each child to their pre-determined group.
- Health Protocols– Anyone exhibiting signs of illness or has been in direct contact or resides with a COVID positive person will not be permitted to attend Camp. For the safety of all participants, please remain at home if you are sick.
- Spread love not germs– To ensure a squeaky-clean camp and healthy campers, we will implement frequent hand washing and increase cleaning and sanitation of all high-touch areas. Additional sinks and hand sanitizing stations have been added to all camps. Equipment, supplies and materials used in group activities will be cleaned before and after each use.
Note: When enrolling your child in camp, please select the camp group that aligns with the grade your child will have COMPLETED by June.
How to Register
How to Create an Account
- Step 1: Step 1: Click here to create a log-in and password.
- Step 2: Complete the form using your email address and birthday on file.
- Step 3: Check your email for a confirmation of your login creation and a link to get started.
A non-refundable deposit is required per child, per week to reserve your spot. This non-refundable deposit cannot be applied to additional weeks. If you need to change, cancel, or modify a week, including a change to membership status (holds, cancellations and terminations), the Deposit paid will not be available for transfer or refund. This policy will not be applied for families authorized and utilizing Purchase of Care funding.
CANCELLATION AND CHANGE REQUIREMENTS
ALL Change requests must be made two weeks prior to the week you wish to change using this Cancel, Add or Change Form. If proper notice is not provided, the full week of camp fees will be due and will not be refunded. This policy will not be applied for families authorized and utilizing Purchase of Care funding.