Register today for the Best Summer Ever!
Whether your child is a budding scientist, a soccer player, or an intrepid explorer, Y full and half-day camps are filled with fun and adventure for campers of all ages – preschoolers through teens. At our summer camps, kids develop core values, learn new skills, make friends, and have loads of fun in the process. Our staff members go through rigorous training to ensure we are providing children with safe, positive experiences that build confidence, lifelong memories and a feeling of community that will last beyond the summer.
Safety and Quality Matter
At the Y, we believe that staff is our greatest resource and boast that we offer better than a 1 to 10 staff to camper ratio. Our camp staff all have prior experience working with children and have camp specific training. Unit Directors are college students/graduates who are working professionals in the fields of education and child development.
All staff must pass a thorough background check including:
- FBI and Fingerprints
- National Child Abuse Registry
- National & State Sex Offender Registry
- Reference Checks
All staff receives a minimum of 24 hours pre-camp training including:
- Child Abuse Recognition & Prevention
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Communicable Disease Management
- Zero Tolerance Anti-Bullying Training
- Diversity & Inclusion Training – Team Building and Group Dynamics
- And, more!
- Bear-Glasgow Family YMCA (Camp Cassey)
- Brandywine (Camp Quoowant)
- Dover YMCA (Camp Voyager)
- Middletown Family YMCA (Camp Silver Lake)
- Sussex Family YMCA (Camp Oowassis)
- Walnut Street YMCA (Camp Opalanie)
- Western Family YMCA (Camp Wassaqui)
- Camp Tockwogh (Residential Camp in Worton MD)
Experience Camp Tockwogh
Camp Tockwogh is a spectacular, rural camp on 309 well-preserved acres spread over a mile and a half of Chesapeake Bay shoreline. Each year, we serve over 5,000 participants with a variety of programs including Traditional Overnight Summer Camp, Sailing Camp, Equestrian Camp and more! We invite you to join us for an awesome camp experience this year. For more information, click here.