The YMCA is a leading non-profit organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.Make A Donation
The Y’s Delaware Promise
- Ensure every child is on a pathway to success
- Improve individual and community wellness
- Demand equity for all
- Support family and economic stability
- Build bridges to connect our community
How does your support make a difference?
- In 2021, the Y of Delaware awarded $2.5 million dollars in financial assistance to our community ensuring everyone had access to the YMCA.
- 1 out of 8 YMCA families received financial assistance in 2021.
- More than 475 individuals had access to our cancer survivor and diabetes prevention programs in 2021, helping reduce the onset of chronic diseases and promoting healthy lifestyles.
- 2,500 children were able to make life-long memories, learn and explore at YMCA summer camp last year. 1 in 4 campers received financial assistance to ensure every child had the opportunity to experience the magic of camp.
- 1,300 children were able to learn, grow and thrive in our before and after school programs. More than $800,000 was provided in financial assistance to ensure 525 children had access to our enrichment programs.
- More than 165,000 FREE meals were provided to the community through Hunger Relief and school age programs.
- More than 2,000 teens participated in teen programs designed to keep them engaged in positive experiences while in healthy and safe environments.
- 2,075 children learned to swim at our YMCAs last year, preventing drowning and promoting safety around water in our community.