The YMCA is a leading non-profit organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.Make A Donation
The Y’s Delaware Promise
- Ensure every child is on a pathway to success
- Improve individual and community wellness
- Demand equity for all
- Support family and economic stability
- Build bridges to connect our community
How does your support make a difference?
- In 2021, the Y of Delaware awarded $2.5 million dollars in financial assistance to our community ensuring everyone had access to the YMCA.
- 1 out of 8 YMCA families received financial assistance in 2021.
- More than 475 individuals had access to our cancer survivor and diabetes prevention programs in 2021, helping reduce the onset of chronic diseases and promoting healthy lifestyles.
- 2,500 children were able to make life-long memories, learn and explore at YMCA summer camp last year. 1 in 4 campers received financial assistance to ensure every child had the opportunity to experience the magic of camp.
- 1,300 children were able to learn, grow and thrive in our before and after school programs. More than $800,000 was provided in financial assistance to ensure 525 children had access to our enrichment programs.
- More than 165,000 FREE meals were provided to the community through Hunger Relief and school age programs.
- More than 2,000 teens participated in teen programs designed to keep them engaged in positive experiences while in healthy and safe environments.
- 2,075 children learned to swim at our YMCAs last year, preventing drowning and promoting safety around water in our community.
To learn more about how you can support the YMCA’s mission impact and cause, contact Beverly Lacy at email@example.com or call 302-571-6942.