The YMCA is a leading non-profit organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
We are transforming lives together
How does your support make a difference?
- In 2018, the Y of Delaware awarded nearly $5.6 million dollars in financial assistance to its members and program participants.
- 10 people die every day from unintentional drowning. The YMCA’s Water Wise program has taught over 10,000 kids to swim for free.
- Cancer in Delaware is 10% higher than the national average. Each year, the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program helps those living with, through, or beyond cancer.
- 1 in 3 Delaware adults are affected by diabetes or prediabetes. Our Diabetes Prevention Program helps at-risk individuals reduce their chances of developing diabetes.
- On average, children from low-income households lose up to 3 months of learning during the summer. Every summer, the Y provides financial assistance to children so they can learn, grow and thrive in summer camp.
- 2 out of 3 children in Delaware lack access to quality before and after school programs. Every year, the YMCA provides financial assistance to youth and teens giving them a safe place to go before and after school.
To learn more about how you can support the Y’s cause, contact Matt Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (302) 571-6962.