The YMCA of Delaware has swim teams throughout the state. This competitive program offers children and teens an opportunity to work with trained coaches to improve swimming skills, endurance, and promote a healthy lifestyle. Participants build character values through personal improvement, training, goal-setting, teamwork, and competition. Teams compete locally, regionally, and nationally. Swimmers progress as participants, role models, and leaders.
Are you interested in trying out for one of our Delaware YMCA swim teams? Please complete the Swim Team Evaluation Request form.
Delaware YMCA Swim Team Registration for the 2023-2024 season will remain open until Monday, July 1st, 2024 for the following teams:
The 2024-25 season will open for registration on July 29th, 2024.
• Swim Team is a year-round program. Families can do a one-time YMCA swim team registration and swim through July!
• Swimmers can withdraw at any point in the swim season as long as a withdrawal request form is completed by 15th of the month, to avoid the draft of the 1st of the following month.
• Any withdrawal submitted by the 15th, will be effective for the following month. A swimmer may continue to swim through the end of the month paid and no refund or credit will be issued.
• The 2023-24 season began on Tuesday September 5th, 2023, but registration is still open. Swimmers may join the program at any time provided there is space in the practice group.
• Swim team registration fee of $50 per swimmer (cost covers t-shirt and swim cap) and first month draft is due at the time of registration, thereafter dues will draft beginning on the 1st of the following month.
• Swimmers must have an active YMCA of Delaware membership while enrolled in the swim team.
• USA Swimming Membership is recommended for swimmers in the Silver, Gold, Platinum, Junior National, and National practice groups.
If you have any questions about the above information, please contact your Aquatics Director.