Note: When enrolling your child in camp, please select the camp group that aligns with the grade your child will have COMPLETED by June.
Sussex Family YMCA
20080 Church Street
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Get ready for an awesome summer adventure at Camp Oowassis! Create lifelong memories, learn new skills and spend summer just being a kid!
2021 Camp Dates
- Week 1: June 21 – 25
- Week 2: June 28 – July 2
- Week 3: July 5 – 9
- Week 4: July 12 – 16
- Week 5: July 19 – 23
- Week 6: July 26 – 30
- Week 7: August 2 – 6
- Week 8: August 9 – 13
- Week 9: August 16 – 20
- Week 10: August 23 – 27
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
Extended care is offered from 7 am – 9 am and 4 pm – 6 pm.
Sussex Day Camp Prices
|CAMP||DATES||FULL MEMBER RATE PER WEEK||COMMUNITY MEMBER RATE PER WEEK|
|Traditional Camp (Completed K - 5th grade)||June 21 - August 27||$170||$220|
|Basketball Camp||June 28 – July 2||$185||$245|
|Tumbling Session 1||July 5 – 9||$185||$290|
|Flag Football Camp||July 12 – 16||$185||$245|
|Soccer||July 26 – 30||$185||$245|
|Coastal Fun Camp||August 2 – 6||$185||$245|
|Tumbling Session 2||August 9 – 13||$185||$290|
|Dance Camp||August 16 – 20||$185||$290|
Dates: June 21st – August 26th
Ages: 12 -16 years
The Teen Leadership Program focuses on the advancement of cultural thinking, academic achievement, community awareness and character development while embracing the philosophy of the YMCA. All participants are given tools to become the leaders of tomorrow within their own communities. Teens can look forward to the following:
- Community Service Opportunities
- Beach Trips
- Leadership enrichment activities
- Character development opportunities
- Physical Fitness opportunities
- Career/Financial Seminars and Workshops for youth
**Transportation is provided, and pre-registration is required.
- Camp Orientation/Tour (June 16-18) – New Families will be invited to tour the facility, meet the Camp Director, pick up camp shirts and ask any last-minute questions prior to the start of camp! Pre-registration for a tour is required. Families who are registered will receive more information closer to the beginning of the camp season.
- Family Game Night (July 21, 6:30 – 7:30 pm) – Join us for our annual Family Game Night! For our Color Wars Week, families will have the opportunity to come out and earn additional points for their camper’s team while enjoying family time, food and awesome games!
- End of Summer Camp Farewell Celebration (August 27, 2 – 5 pm) – Join us for fun, fellowship and bid our campers farewell and a safe, fun school year! Select campers also participate in our annual Talent Show.
- Ice Cream Truck (Every Monday at 1 pm) – Each Monday, campers get the opportunity to enjoy a cold treat from the ice cream truck. Campers must bring $1-$3 for ice cream.
*All dates are subject to change.
Are lunches being provided this Summer? Parent/Guardian(s) must ensure your child has a packed, well-balanced lunch each day. Afternoon snack will be provided by the Sussex YMCA.
Are field trips planned for this Summer? We are currently working to provided in-house field trips that are just as fun and engaging as our prior field trips. Stay tuned!
Are beach trips planned for this Summer? Currently, we are still planning to attend the beach weekly as we have in past Summers.
What does my child need to bring DAILY?
All children must have:
- Water Bottle
- Swim attire (bathing suit, water shoes/flip flops, towel, goggles-optional)
- Packed Lunch
- Weather appropriate attire3
Can my child bring electronics to camp?
- Campers are NOT PERMITTED to bring the following:
- Electronics (Ipad, cell phone, tablets)
- Jewelry or other valuable possessions
- Alcohol or drugs of any kind (will result in IMMEDIATE dismissal from camp)
- Anything else perceived as inappropriate
- **Materials not permitted will be confiscated and held in the camp office until the end of the week or until arrangements have been made for pick-up. Multiple offenses are subject to a camper’s dismissal from camp for the remainder of the Summer season.
How do I contact the Camp Director or someone from the administration?
- The Camp Director can be reached, during camp hours, at 302-510-1265 or via email (outside of camp hours) at email@example.com.
- Coming soon: Parents will be able to download the Procare app to get real-time messages to the campground regarding your child.
How late can I register my child for camp for the following week? Camp enrollment for the upcoming week closes on Thursdays at noon, THE WEEK PRIOR. For example, for the camp week of June 28th, enrollment closes on June 24th at noon. No exceptions for enrollment after that time will be made without the Camp Director’s approval.