Mask Update: Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Per recent changes to state guidelines, everyone ages 5 and above is required to wear a face mask in all areas of the YMCA (except while swimming) beginning Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
Let’s stop the spread together!
Mr. Clean and his team are working hard to keep the Y in tip-top shape! We are dedicated to keeping our members healthy and safe with super clean facilities, upgraded air filtration systems proven to kill 99% of viruses, and continuous sanitization with EPA-approved cleaners. We have tons of alternative workout options for everyone – classes online, outdoors and in the pool. Plus, spacious studios are open for your personal workout.
You can help prevent the spread too with a few easy steps! Always wear a mask in public spaces, keep your distance from others, wash your hands often, and get vaccinated. Learn more here.
We are following the guidelines set forth by the State of Delaware health and public officials, and have taken all necessary steps to ensure a healthy and comfortable experience for our members and staff. Please check back frequently for more information and updates.
- Updated HVAC equipment – Needle Point Bipolar Ionization Units have been installed in the HVAC equipment at all of our locations! These units are recommended by the American Society of Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Engineers (ASHRAE) and are proven to be 99.4% effective in killing COVID 19.
- Face Coverings – Per state guidelines, masks are required for all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals 5 years of age and older. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while indoors if they can do so reliably. Parents should decide what works best for their child and we will support that decision.
- All staff who provide direct service in youth and childcare programs (both licensed and non-licensed programs) will be required to wear face coverings when indoors. This includes Kids Zone, Youth Fitness, Swim Lessons, Summer Camp, Youth Sports, etc. Staff may remove the masks when outdoors.
- All YMCA program participants will be required to do a health self-assessment prior to coming to the Y. Program participants should not come to the Y if they are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, have had exposure to someone with Covid-19, or have a fever higher than 100.4 degrees. Staff will confirm with parents and participants that they did their self-assessment at home and are healthy before being allowed to participate in any youth program.
- Youth sports participants who are kindergarten-aged and above must wear a mask indoors. Participants may remove the mask when outdoors. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while indoors if they can do so reliably. Parents should decide what works best for their child and we will support that decision.
- Cleaning and Sanitation – Mr. Clean and our team will be constantly sanitizing the building and equipment with EPA-approved cleaners. Members should use the supplied wipes and disinfectant before and after using any equipment. An increased number of disinfectant wipe stations have been installed throughout the building. Plus, we have implemented no-touch facility access and member check-in. Hands-free door openers are being installed wherever possible.
- Group Exercise – Lots of safe class options are available – online, outdoors and in the pool! All participants should maintain a safe physical distance.
- Spacious buildings and spaced-out, state-of-the-art equipment is available to ensure safe physical distancing. Plus, we provide open studio spaces for your personal use at any time.
Please contact your local branch via the email addresses listed below with questions.
- Brandywine YMCA – email@example.com
- Central YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western YMCA – email@example.com
- Dover YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sussex Family YMCA – email@example.com
- Bear-Glasgow Family YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middletown Family YMCA – email@example.com