- Per state guidelines, masks are optional for all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals two years of age and older.
- Capacity restrictions have been lifted and we will no longer limit the number of members in group exercise classes. All participants should maintain a safe distance of three feet apart.
To learn more about how we are keeping our members, staff and community safe, check out the guidelines and FAQs listed below.
We Are Committed To Your Health & Safety.
✔ Upgraded air filtration systems proven 99.4% effective in killing viruses including COVID-19
✔ Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing
✔ Spacious buildings and spaced out state-of-the-art equipment – Plus, open studio spaces for your personal use any time
✔Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who does not feel well should stay home.
We are following the guidelines set forth by the State of Delaware health and public officials and have taken all necessary steps to ensure a healthy and comfortable experience for our members and staff. Please check back frequently for more information and updates.
- New HVAC equipment – In September 2020, Needle Point Bipolar Ionization Units were installed in the HVAC equipment at all of our locations! These units are recommended by the American Society of Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Engineers (ASHRAE) and are proven to be 99.4% effective in killing COVID 19.
- Face Coverings – Per state guidelines, masks are optional for all vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals two years of age and older.
- Cleaning and Sanitation – Mr. Clean and our team will be constantly sanitizing the building and equipment with EPA-approved cleaners. Members should use the supplied wipes and disinfectant before and after using any equipment. An increased number of disinfectant wipe stations have been installed throughout the building. Plus, we have implemented no-touch facility access and member check-in. Hands-free door openers are being installed wherever possible.
- Equipment – Equipment has been spaced and staggered to ensure safe physical distancing. Members should wipe down all equipment before and after use using the disinfectant solution we provide.
- Group Exercise – Capacity restrictions have been lifted and we will no longer limit the number of members in group exercise classes. All participants should maintain a safe distance of three feet apart.
- Kids Zone and Youth Fitness options are available while you work out. Click here to learn more.
- Programs – We are happy to offer select programs like swim lessons, sports clinics, personal training and more! Click here for more information.
- Pools – Pools are open and are following safe physical distancing and government guidelines.
- For lap swim, six swimmers are permitted per lane.
- Water exercise class schedules and family/open swim will be available.
What is your cleaning protocol?
Staff will follow government guidelines, increasing the cleaning frequency of high-touch areas with EPA-approved cleaners. Members should use the supplied wipes and disinfectant before and after using any equipment. An increased number of disinfectant wipe stations have been installed throughout the building. Plus, we have implemented no-touch facility access and member check-in. Hands-free door openers have been installed wherever possible.
Will basketball gymnasiums be open?
Yes! Our gymnasiums are open with no capacity limits for Basketball, Pickleball, and other drop-in sports.
Will guests be allowed to come to the Y?
Yes, guests are permitted. All guests entering the YMCA will be required to pay a daily guest fee ($25 Adult, $15 Child) unless they are a program spectator or they are visiting the Y for the first time. All guests are required to follow all rules and regulations as outlined in the Membership Agreement and follow all requirements as outlined in state health and safety guidelines.
Are Program Spectators allowed to come to the Y? Yes – Spectators of programs are required to check-in at our Welcome Center where they must present a valid ID. All visitors, including children, must follow health and safety guidelines.
Can I visit the Delaware YMCAs if I am a member of a Y in a different state?
Currently, we are not accepting members through national reciprocity. If you would like access to one of our seven facilities, you will need to have a YMCA of Delaware membership.
Do you still have group exercise classes?
Yes. All capacity restrictions have been lifted. Participants will be spaced at least three feet apart. We will offer indoor, outdoor, and virtual online classes. We also offer personal and small group training.
I put my membership on hold; how do I reactivate it?
Call your local YMCA branch, or visit https://www.ymcade.org/holds to reactivate your membership.
What will happen to my Stay with Us loyalty rate if I put my membership on hold?
The member loyalty rate is only valid if you keep your membership active. Once an account is put on hold, the discount will be removed.
I participate in a Y discount program. Will my discount continue?
Most discounting programs, including Y-Connect and corporate memberships, have been discontinued. Members previously receiving discounts, who opted to place a hold on their membership, will be charged the full membership pricing moving forward. There will be no rate changes for United Healthcare AARP Supplemental memberships or for those who are receiving Open Doors financial assistance and military discounts through 2020.
Can you tell me about your Open Doors Financial Assistance Program?
As a non-profit organization, we are committed to making sure everyone has access to the Y. If you are facing financial hardship, we encourage you to apply for our Open Doors Financial Assistance program. Open Doors provides a sliding fee scale that is designed to fit everyone’s financial situation. Click here to apply for open doors.
Can I extend my membership hold?
We understand that you may not be ready to come back. If you would like to extend your membership hold for an additional month, please click here.
Please contact your local branch via the email addresses listed below with questions.
- Brandywine YMCA – email@example.com
- Central YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western YMCA – email@example.com
- Dover YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sussex Family YMCA – email@example.com
- Bear-Glasgow Family YMCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middletown Family YMCA – email@example.com