Construction has now begun on the Brandywine YMCA expansion project. Members of the community, staff, board members and volunteers gathered for the groundbreaking ceremony that took place in mid-May.
Latest expansion updates include:
- Front office and child care areas have been demolished
- Electrical work has started in the front of the building
- Preparation for the new support beams has begun
- Elevator tower has been demolished
- New patio area near the back door and playground
Visit www.ymcade.org/BradywineExpansion for additional expansion details.
This $5 million dollar expansion is being funded by community support. The YMCA has launched the “Eyes on the Future” fundraising campaign to raise the last $1.5 million dollars needed to complete the project.
For additional information about this campaign or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Matt Clements, Director of Philanthropy, at (302) 571-6962 or Mclements@ymcade.org.