- Monday, July 4th, 1-4 PM: Independence Day Celebration at the Hanby Outdoor Center. Families can enjoy frozen sweet treats, family yard games like corn hole, and giant connect four, and more!
Western Family YMCA
- Monday, July 4th, 11 AM-1 PM: Stop by the outdoor pool for family fun, freeze-pops and games.
- Monday, July 4th, 2-4 PM: Join us at the outdoor pool for games, freeze-pops, a DJ and more!
- Friday, July 1st, 6PM: Red, White and Blue Zumba Party!
- Sunday, July 3rd, 12 – 2 PM: Member appreciation party at the outdoor pool. Join us for food, a dance party and so much fun!
- Monday, July 4th, All Day: Family fun yard games and popsicles for everyone!
Why Do We Celebrate Independence Day?
Happy Birthday America, July 4th! The Fourth of July—also known as Independence Day or July 4th—has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941, but the tradition of Independence Day celebrations go back to the 18th century and the American Revolution. On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence, and two days later delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a historic document drafted by Thomas Jefferson. From 1776 to the present day, July 4th has been celebrated as the birth of American independence, with festivities ranging from fireworks, parades and concerts to more casual family gatherings and barbecues.
Learn more about the history of Independence Day!